THE ACADEMY AT CCI
The Academy at CCI opened in 2015 with sixty 9th graders. This exciting learning environment offers small class sizes, individualized instructional opportunities, and technology based instruction that will be valuable to students no matter what they decide to do after high school. Academy students are challenged to explore the world around them as they study a rigorous curriculum that prepares them for college, a future career, the military, or any other adventure they might pursue after they graduate. Students who participate in the Academy spend the entire school day at CCI and take their required core classes in addition to our high school and college electives.
In the Academy…
- Students may only enter the Academy in their 9th grade year.
- Students are chosen through a lottery system in February of each year.
- Students participate in a rigorous, online blended, project-based learning model. Students use an online platform called Edgenuity to enrich their learning.
- Parents play an active role in the Academy. Parents are the biggest asset we have as educators and we encourage the involvement of every Academy parent.
- Students participate in a number of learning expeditions where they explore relevant ideas and concepts in the real world. All learning expeditions have intentional assignments that tie the real world to the classroom. The cost of most learning expeditions is covered by the generous donations of the CCI’s community partners.
- All students who participate in the Academy at CCI will receive a laptop to use in class and at home. This allows technology to be easily integrated into the curriculum.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Drop-off and Pick-up takes place in front of the building
Parents can drop-off beginning at 7:45 each morning.
Students should be picked up by 3:45 each afternoon.